Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Avon

Avon lifestyles have been sold to me in the last week. My friend Rosie brought for me an Avon magazine. I read on the cover page: “The season’s HOTTEST makeup trends.” It was interesting to see all pictures in the magazine. I saw there beautiful girls and women with nice perfume, makeup, shoes. All girls and women look very happy! They smile. Of course, I understand they are young and they are beautiful without makeups, but some women’s believes that everybody could look younger and more attractive pushed me to buy Avon products. Young and beautiful girls became my icons for this week.
I have bought earrings and lipstick. Cool! Now I hear compliments: “Tatiana, you look very nice!” Some people never talked to me before, but now they smile to me and say, “Hello, Tatiana!”   Really, I see now that they know my name! Does it works? In my comments in my group discussion in class HON 101 online I read: “There is a lot of pressure from media on woman to always look more beautiful, and younger. It is as if we can, or should never be satisfied with the way we look, but advertisements constantly show us and tell us that we must look younger, more beautiful, more poise, and happier” (Aiza Pedregon-Abbott). Next quotation is from HON 101: “The make-up industry, the clothing industry, and every weight loss program that ever existed would all crash and burn if people started being happy with their appearances. But looks aren’t all that we are unhappy about. Somehow society has created this ideal super-person who is the supreme housekeeper, breadwinner, and romantic partner” (Mara McConnell).
Of course, AVON is not only one reason to be happy. We should have a nice family, good carrier, good health and so on. But very small details: perfume, makeup, and earrings – could help us in everyday routines. I think that my friend Rosie helped me to be a little happier with Avon.
You can see some Avon products online:  http://shop.avon.com/catalog/2013/07/en/p1.html

 


No comments:

Post a Comment